What is RTT?
RTT is an innovative, award winning form of therapy developed over 30 years by Marisa Peer, a highly acclaimed UK Therapist. Unlike traditional hypnotherapy, RTT doesn’t rely solely on positive reinforcement. RTT combines hypnotherapy, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and solution-focused therapy along with mindfulness to create a unique approach that provides rapid relief and long lasting results.
During RTT we access the subconscious using hypnosis. Under hypnosis the mind is in a completely relaxed, natural state of inward focus where the critical conscious mind is bypassed and the subconscious mind gets a chance to speak. Then using an array of techniques and tools we are able to access beliefs, often formed many years ago, to get to the root cause of the issue. We are then able to reframe those limiting beliefs. Positive suggestions, like seeds, are planted in the subconscious mind and new beliefs are able take root. Often after a single session and no more than three, clients are able to let go of negative self-beliefs enabling them to carve out a new picture and a new life for themselves.
During the session a 15-20 minute bespoke audio recording is created for each client. Listening to this recording for a minimum of 21 days following the RTT Session is essential as the recording lays down new neural pathways or connections between neurons and is part of the transformational process. As new pathways are strengthened, new empowering beliefs and behaviours become second nature, enabling the client to live their best life.
Why Choose RTT?
“Understanding is power and understanding through RTT is the most transforming and liberating power.”
Marisa Peer, Founder of RTT
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does RTT feel like?Most people feel increasing levels of relaxation. Don’t expect to feel hypnotised as a light trance/hypnotic state will likely feel no different from relaxation. You are awake and alert. It’s a normal natural state similar to when you are day-dreaming. There is no right or wrong way to experience hypnosis. You don’t go anywhere and many people don’t realise they are in hypnosis until they come out of it. You are always aware of everything that is happening throughout the session and you are in control.
2. How long does a session take?Each RTT session lasts about two hours. It’s best to allow a bit of time either side of the session so you don’t feel rushed.
3. What if I think I already know the reasons behind my issue?Any insight you have around your issue is helpful. However, if you knew all the answers, you would have solved your problem already. RTT allows you to get answers from your subconscious mind about old beliefs and judgments usually formed based on past events and age appropriate understandings.
4. When will I start to see changes?Some people experience change immediately. Some people experience change cumulatively, bit by bit where you see changes over days, weeks, months. Others experience change retroactively, looking back a while later or someone else points it out to them and they see how they’ve changed.
5. Does it work online?Yes, RTT is just as effective online as it is in person as your eyes are closed for the majority of the session, and you get the benefit of experiencing RTT from the comfort of your own home. It is important that I can see you from your waist up, however, to observe and facilitate your session effectively. Zoom video call is used for the online session. It’s a very easy platform to use and all the details are sent through to you. For the session you need to be in a quiet space where you feel comfortable and will not be interrupted.
6. What is the cost of a session?Payment varies depending on your specific requirement. Please contact me for more information.
7. Can you guarantee results?RTT is a contemporary effective therapeutic intervention designed to offer fast relief and long lasting results. Thousands of people around the world have been successfully and permanently freed from their issues using RTT. Unfortunately, no professional (eg., doctor, lawyer, teacher etc.) can ever 100% guarantee their results and it is the same for therapists since your personal success depends on many factors that the therapist has no control over, including your willingness and desire to effect the changes inside yourself. Your commitment is very important. You must want to change, choose to change and be dedicated to this. You must also commit to listening to your post session recording for a minimum of 21 days after your session. This recording is usually 20 minutes long.